Mistelix, a DVD authoring and Slideshow creating application for Linux
Mistelix is an open source DVD authoring application with also Theora slideshow creation capabilities for GNU/Linux systems. So, using this you can create DVD projects with videos and slideshows that can be played on DVD players. Because of its slideshow feature you can even create a slideshow out of a collection of pics that can be played in your PC.
- Create slideshows from a set of images
- Include videos in your projects
- Create new slide transition effects using extensions
- Publish your projects into DVD or Theora videos
- Localizable to any language
- Save and load authoring projects
- Free and open for everyone!
Installing Mistelix in Linux
Mistelix is available in Ubuntu repos. So, you can install it by either clicking this url or directly executing this command.
[shredder12]$ sudo apt-get install mistelix
Fedora and OpenSuse rpms of Mistelix 0.3 can be downloaded and installed from their download page.
Once you are done with the installation you might want to use this quick start userguide for beginners mentioned in their documentation.